Who we are
Our website address is: https://shop.oxeir.com.
1. Scope and updates of this User Privacy Notice
This User Privacy Notice applies to your use of this website and all Oxeir India applications, services (including payment services), products and tools (collectively the “Services”), regardless of how you access or use these Services, including access via mobile devices and apps.
Which Oxeir India company is responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data in connection with the provision of the Services depends on how you use our Services.
- What personal data we collect and process
We collect your personal data when you use our Services, create a new Oxeir India account, provide us with information via a web form, add or update information in your Oxeir India account, participate in online community discussions or otherwise interact with us. We also collect personal data from other sources (such as other Oxeir India Inc. corporate family members or credit agencies or bureaus).
In total, we collect the following personal data:
Personal data you provide when using our Services or creating an Oxeir India account
- Data that identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone numbers or email addresses, your user name, or your VAT identification number that you provide when setting up your Oxeir India account or at a later date, and additional identification data and tax identification numbers that you provide when using our payment services as a seller.
- Data regarding bids, purchases, or sales that you provide in a transaction.
- Shipping, billing, and other information you provide in connection with the purchase or shipping of an item, as well as information required for customs clearance (such as tax identification numbers or other identification numbers) and relevant shipping information (such as shipment numbers and tracking information) if shipped through one of our programs.
- In some cases: age, gender, country of birth, nationality, employment status, family status, interests and preferences.
- You may provide us with additional information through a web form or by updating or adding information to your Oxeir India account, by participating in community discussions, member chats, inquiries, dispute resolution, customer service calls recorded with your consent, or if you contact us for any other reason regarding our Services.
- Other data that we are required or entitled by applicable law to collect and process and that we need for your authentication or identification, or for the verification of the data we collect.
Personal data we collect automatically when you use our Services or create an Oxeir India account
- Data that is generated as part of one of your transactions (bids, purchases, sales) or that is linked to your Oxeir India account as a result of a transaction in which you are involved, such as transaction amounts, time and location of transactions and payment methods.
- Data that is generated through your other actions when you use our Services and which is linked to your Oxeir India account, e.g. when you place items in your shopping cart, place items on the watch list, save sellers, searches or interests, or follow users.
- Data regarding all other interactions with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us.
- Location data, including the location data of your mobile device. Please note that for most mobile devices, you can manage or disable the use of location services for all applications in the settings menu of your mobile device.
- Computer and connection information, such as statistics regarding your use of services from Oxeir India, information on data traffic to and from websites, referral URL, information on advertisements, your IP address, your access times, your browser history data, your language settings and your weblog information.
- Data about the pages you visit, the access time, frequency and duration of visits, the links on which you click and other actions you take as part of your use of our Services and in advertising and email content.
- Data about your activities and interactions with our advertising partners including data about the advertisements you were shown, how often they were shown, when and where they were shown, and whether you took any action, such as clicking on an advertisement or making a purchase.
- Your user segment.
- Model or device type, operating system and version, browser type and settings, device ID or individual device identifier, advertisement ID, individual device token, and cookie-related data (e.g. cookie ID).
- The IP address from which your device accesses the Services.
- Location data, including the location data of your mobile device. Please note that most mobile devices allow you to manage or disable the use of location services for all applications in the settings menu.
Personal data from other sources
We also collect personal data about you from other sources and from third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law. In particular, this includes the following data:
- Data from public sources (e.g. demographic data)
- Data from credit agencies or bureaus (e.g. credit reports/checks)
- Data from data providers (e.g. demographic, interest-based and online advertising related data)
With regard to our payment services for sellers: data from government or other sources concerning any previous convictions of the respective seller, to the extent permitted by applicable law. We combine or connect the personal data we collect from you with data from these other sources. Where personal data is disclosed to us by third parties, we take steps to confirm that the information has been collected with your consent and/or that these third parties are otherwise legally permitted to disclose your personal data to us.
Social network data you share with us
- We allow you to share personal data with social networks, to use social networks to create an Oxeir India account or to link your Oxeir India account to a social network. These social networks may automatically provide us with access to certain personal data they have stored about you (e.g. content you have viewed or enjoyed, information about the advertisements you have been shown or clicked on, etc.). You can determine the personal data that we can access through the privacy settings of each social network.
- If you give us access to video content pages, your grant of access is your consent that we may, for at least two years, or until you withdraw your consent or are no longer connected to the social network, share with and collect from social networks information regarding your viewing of videos.
- We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social networks. If you click on a link displayed through a social network plug-in, you voluntarily connect to that social network.
Purposes and legal basis for data processing and categories of recipients
We process your personal data for various purposes and pursuant to various legal bases. We process your personal data primarily to provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalized user experience on this website, to contact you about your Oxeir India account and our Services, to provide customer service, to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing communications, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activity. We also share your information with third parties for these purposes.
Below you will find a summary of the purposes for which we process your personal data, including the categories of recipients to whom we transmit personal data for the purposes stated, sorted by legal basis:
4. We process your personal data in order to fulfil our contract with you and to provide you with our Services. This includes the following purposes:
- Processing of data relating to you or your company for the purpose of entering into a contract with you and executing it.
- Provision of our Services, including but not limited to enabling and performing transactions with other users (including the transmission of your personal data to other users where necessary to perform the transaction, including in cases of terminated, failed or subsequently voided transactions), providing and enhancing features such as payment processing, ratings and Oxeir India account management, providing other services you may use (as described in connection with such services), and ensuring the functionality of our Services. In connection with the provision of our Services, we will send you notifications relating to the execution of transactions and the use of our Services in accordance with the communication preferences in your Oxeir India account.
- Enabling the delivery of purchased items by logistics/shipping service providers including notifications in connection with the delivery (such as tracking information), the latter to the extent permitted by applicable law without your consent.
- Provision of our payment services.
- Solution of problems with your Oxeir India account, arbitration of disputes, providing other services within the scope of customer service as well as enforcement of fee claims. For these purposes, we may contact you via notification in My Oxeir India, email, telephone, SMS, push notification on your mobile device or by mail. If we contact you by telephone, in order to ensure efficiency, we may use automatically dialed calls with tape announcements or automated text messages in accordance with our User Agreement and Payments Services Agreement, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Processing of general location data (such as IP address or postal code) in order to provide you with location-based services (such as radius search and other content that is personalized on the basis of your general location data).
- Enforcement of our User Agreement, the Payments Services Agreement, this User Privacy Notice and other rules and policies.
- Publication and promotion of your listings and related content on the websites or in the applications, services and tools of other Oxeir India Inc. corporate family members or cooperating third party operators of websites, applications, services and tools. When we share the content of your listings and any related personal data with third parties, we do so only on the basis of an agreement that limits the use of such personal data by the third party to the purposes necessary to fulfil its contractual obligations to us. Third party providers are contractually obliged to take appropriate security measures with regard to this data. Third party providers are strictly forbidden to pass on personal data contained in your listings to other third parties.
Where necessary, we transmit your personal data to processors and the following recipients for one or several of the purposes described above:
- Other Oxeir India users
- External service providers and shipping companies (such as DHL, UPS etc.)
- Payment service providers including the PayPal Inc. group of companies
- External operators of websites, applications, services and tools
We process your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. This includes the following purposes:
- Participation in proceedings (including judicial proceedings) conducted by public authorities or government agencies, in particular, for the purpose of detecting, investigating and prosecuting illegal acts.
- Prevention, detection and mitigation of illegal activities (e.g. fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing).
- Ensuring the information security of our Services.
We process your personal data in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. This includes the following purposes:
- Prevention, detection, mitigation and investigation of unlawful activities that may result in impairment of your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, unless there is a statutory obligation to this effect.
Rights as a data subject
Subject to possible restrictions under national law, as a data subject, you have the right to access, rectification, and erasure, restriction of processing and data portability with regard to your personal data. In addition, you can withdraw your consent and object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests. You can also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
5.Cookies & similar technologies
Oxeir uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences:cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behaviour of the Services (like your preferred language).
- Security:cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Functional:cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
- Session State:cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We protect your personal data through technical and organizational security measures to minimize risks associated with data loss, misuse, unauthorized access and unauthorized disclosure and alteration. To this end we use firewalls and data encryption, for example, as well as physical access restrictions for our data centres and authorization controls for data access. Other important information regarding data protection
This section contains important additional information about the protection of personal data in connection with the use of our Services, including whether you are required to provide personal data.
What happens when you share your personal data on our sites or applications?
Other users have access to the information you share on Oxeir India or disclose to other users. For example, other users can see your bids, purchases, items for sale, saved interests, sellers and searches, storefronts, feedback, ratings, product reviews and associated comments. Other users can also see any information you chose to share in your profile.
When you use our Services, your public user ID may be displayed and available to the public and associated with all of your public Oxeir India activity. Notices sent to other users about suspicious activity and notice violations on our sites may refer to your public user ID and specific items. Accordingly, if you use a username that allows others to identify you, these others may be able to identify your Oxeir India activities.
To help protect your personal data, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, shipping and financial information as necessary to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. However, when users are involved in a transaction, they have access to each other’s name, user ID, email address and other contact and shipping information.
Your responsibilities over transactional information you receive through Oxeir India
When you complete a transaction with another user (or a transaction has been cancelled, failed, or subsequently invalidated), we will provide you with the other user’s personal data (such as name, username, email address, contact information, shipping and billing information). Independent from us, you are the controller of such data and responsible for any processing.
Unless you act for purely personal purposes, we recommend that you explain your data processing activities in your own privacy notice and protect the privacy of other users. As a seller, you must in any case comply with the applicable data protection laws and in particular protect the rights of other users as data subjects, e.g. give them the opportunity to access the personal data collected by you and demand that it be erased.
You may use the personal data that you have access to only for Oxeir India transaction-related purposes, or for other Services offered through Oxeir India (such as shipping, fraud complaints, and member-to-member communications), and for purposes expressly consented by the user to whom the data relates. Using personal data of other users that you have access to for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our user Agreement
Personal data relating to third parties
If you provide us with personal data relating to another person, you must obtain the consent of this person or the disclosure of the data to us must be otherwise legally permissible. You must inform the other person of how we process personal data in accordance with our User Privacy Notice.
Filtering of messages sent via our messaging tools
We filter the messages sent via our messaging tools automatically according to certain criteria and check conspicuous messages manually if necessary. The messages are first received by us and then forwarded to the recipient. All messages are automatically filtered according to certain criteria. If necessary, conspicuous messages are checked manually by our customer service. In the event of a violation, we reserve the right to block the transmission of the message and to restrict the purchase and sales functions of your Oxeir India account or to block your Oxeir India account.
This is to protect legitimate interests such as protecting against fraudulent or suspicious activities (e.g. spam, viruses, phishing, or other illegal activities) or enforcing our user agreement and our other rules and policies (e.g. illegal and other prohibited content).
Are you obliged to provide your personal data to us?
Some of the personal data that you provide to us (e.g. data by which we can identify you) are required to enter into the User Agreement and the Payments Services Agreement. The provision of any other personal data is voluntary, but may be necessary for the use of our Services, such as bidding, purchase and sales data to complete a transaction.
Our services are not intended for the use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal data from users who are considered children under applicable national laws. According to our User Agreement, children are not permitted to use our Services.
Staying Signed in
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we give you the option to stay signed in to your account for certain amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Bid, buy or make an offer on an item
- Check out or add items to your cart
- Purchase an item with PayPal using Faster Checkout (if enabled in your account)
- View the activity header
- View the My Oxeir India page
- View or edit the Watch List or order details
- View the profile page
- Send member-to-member messages
- Conduct after-sale activities, like leaving Feedback, cancelling orders, requesting returns or submitting claims
If you attempt to change your password, User ID, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you may be required to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal data.